Friday, February 26, 2010

Home sweet home (away from home...)

The past 40 hours of my life have been spent here:

My call room at the hospital. It's not too bad, and I'm just glad I have somewhere to rest and decompress! In addition to my lovely room are some great nurses, who never cease to keep me entertained.

Exhibit A: Audrey (AKA Swami) who I met last fall and seem to have a lot in common with. We both got married on the same weekend last March, and we both failed the great cracker challenge of 2010. But that's a whole different post.
The days leading up to this 2 day work-induced hibernation were actually quite productive. I went to the local sewing store in hopes that they could fix my machine, and instead ended up walking out of there with a brand new (FABULOUS) one. I think my mom is going to have sewing machine envy. It's a BabyLock Sofia and embroiders, monograms, and has all kinds of great functions. I went home right away and finished the kitchen curtains AND a baby blanket that was made for one of my friends. The blanket was a bit of a challenge, but overall I think it came out pretty well and I'm excited for her to see it.



I have a few new projects lined up that I'm eager to get started on , and I'm going back to the sewing store next week so they can give me a one on one tutorial on how to work my machine.
Overall it's been a productive week. Although, being stuck in the hospital hasn't been good for my wallet. I bought these cute shoes and purse online today:



At least they were on sale.
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love the blanket - I was going to ask you if you made it. It is beautiful & so soft! I am so impressed with everything you made! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete