Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekend Recap

J and I had the pleasure of hosting his two nephews this weekend while his sister was out of town. It's the first time we've had the responsibility of being in charge of children together so I was eager to see how we'd handle it (and whether or not the children would survive). We started off Saturday morning by going to Target to pick out a few "necessities" and ended up with a cart that looked like this:

This of course was before the giant tent and glow-in-the-dark soccer ball were thrown in. As I said, we had to get the necessities. After that we went to Gamestop where I made the mistake of staying in the car and letting all 3 boys pick out some video games. Let's just say I think the purchase at that store was more for my husband's benefit than anyone else's. We followed this up with a visit to the Sonic drive-thru, which is always a pleasant experience.
After we went home and played for a while, Grandpa came over and we decided to go to the Laser Tag/Arcade/Bowling place near our house. I think everybody had a great time.
I'm not sure who had more fun, him or the boys...

Grandpa and Shawn playing


After playing laser tag and a slew of arcade games, we cashed in our 667 tickets for 2 small bouncy balls, 2 plastic flash lights, 2 rope bracelets and 2 dolphin key chains, and decided to head home.
We ended the night by lighting up the fire pit and making smores which I think everybody enjoyed. Then J and the boys put up their brand new tent while I blew up the air mattresses in true roughing it fashion.




I had to get up early and head back in to work Sunday morning, but not before enjoying a pancake breakfast with these 2 boys

I think we all had a great time and are hoping we get the chance to do it again soon. They are such sweet boys (and they go to bed early!).
Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment