Friday, August 19, 2011

The New Date Night

We were walking into Babies R Us tonight and was telling Jackson that I remember the days where I swore to myself that I would NEVER go out in public looking disheveled and undone with a baby that had stains on his clothes. It only took me 7 months to break that promise! It's Friday night and I was too tired to really go out and do anything but Jackson wanted to get the little guy a walker so we packed up quickly after dinner and headed to the store.
Jax tried out a few different walkers...

And then we decided the pick up a few things like diapers and formula. I grabbed a box of teething biscuits and will live to regret the decision to give Jax one while we walked around. Yes, I realize that doing that is a little WT (or poor taste for a more "politically correct" term) but I didn't want him fussing while we shopped. And then it happened in the clothing section. A small piece of the biscuit broke off (I thought they weren't supposed to do that!) and Jax gagged it out. He also gagged out the rest of the dinner he had just eaten...


Um, yeah. Needless to say I was laughing so hard I didn't know what to do. It was all over the floor, myself, and the baby. I love the look on the baby's face. It's like "what"? Jackson ran back to grab some wipes (after telling me "I told you so"!) and we managed to clean up my arms and the floor. But I then had to take the walk of shame to the car with both the baby and I covered in mess. Ha! The life of a mom. Needless to say: lesson learned. No more eating in the store!!
At least it will be something to look back at and laugh about....one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment