Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lovely Days

Today was one of those fun days I just want to look back on and remember years from now. I cut back on my hours a little bit at work and have been home several days this week, which I have enjoyed so much.
Tara came over this morning and we worked on a sewing project while Tyce played with toys and Jax napped. Of course when Jax finally woke up he was quite excited to see a new friend to play with.

I also caught him stealing a few of Tyce's potato chips! What a stinker. After they left we had nap time and then ran to the store for a few things I needed for dinner. We got home and Jax played in his crib while I cooked. I could hear him laughing hysterically while I was cooking and it just made me smile. I have no idea what was making him laugh so hard but I'm glad he likes playing on his own every so often.
After dinner was made we headed outside because the weather was finally somewhat resembling of fall and I wanted to enjoy it. Plus, Jax LOVES being outdoors. The problem is, he's also obsessed with grass. More accurately, he's obsessed with eating grass. He kept on sneaking it into his mouth and then I would have to dig it out with my finger while he laughed and laughed.



At one point a blade of grass got stuck to the roof of his mouth and I managed to gag him accidentally while I was trying to remove it, causing him to puke all over. Which is why he was wearing nothing but a diaper and a smile when his daddy pulled in the driveway!

Jackson was mortified that I had him undressed and playing in the front yard, but hey, I'm learning to just go with the flow.
Little man adores his daddy and is so excited when he gets home from work. He will not let him out of his sight, which just warms my heart. I'm so thankful for the great father that he is.
They played in the yard for a while and Jax had a blast! Here's my little spider monkey:

So sweet

We came in and put Jax to bed but I think he was a little too wound up from all the fresh air. After about 15 minutes of playing in his crib his daddy went and got him out. We all sat and ate some cake and ice cream, which as you can see from the video below, Jax definitely enjoyed! I'm so thankful for such sweet days spent with my baby boy and I'm praying that God will imprint these memories in my head and allow me to remember them for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment