Friday, August 6, 2010

It's A....

Today was the big day where we got to discover exactly who baby Jones is going to be. And without further ado, we'd like to introduce you to:

Jackson Matthias Jones!
That's right, it's a boy. We couldn't be happier about this amazing blessing. I was a little worried that he wouldn't cooperate, but I had a large white chocolate mocha from Starbucks and sure enough, the moment she turned on the machine, the first thing we saw was that baby Jones was indeed a boy! After that he got a little tired of us and turned his back to us, but after a little prodding we got to see him moving around and playing. It definitely looks like we have a thumb sucker on our hands, as he kept his hands by his face the whole time we were there! We are so thankful for this incredible gift, which is one of the reasons we chose Matthias for his middle name-it means "Gift of God".
Of course, the first thing we did after the ultrasound (besides eating) was make a beeline for the mall so I could go into Gymboree and by my sweet little boy an outfit to wear on his trip home from the hospital.

I know I probably shouldn't buy clothes as we'll probably get clothes as baby gifts, but I just couldn't help it! In the meantime, my stomach has popped out to where I look like I am a LOT farther along than I actually am, and I'm going to try and put my 16 week post up tomorrow.
Thank you all for your prayers and interest and encouragement. We are so excited to be welcoming a son in a few months and can't wait to see what God has in store for him. Here is the verse that I chose for this baby when I first found out I was pregnant, and this is what I am hopeful for:

"For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of His will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God..."
Colossians 1:9-10

We pray more than anything that this baby boy will grow up with a love of the Lord and for His word and that He will walk in the truth that God's word so graciously imparts.
I'll leave you with a few more pictures of our handsome little man (They're a little blurry, but it'll have to do til I can get them scanned into the computer)!

No comments:

Post a Comment