Sunday, July 25, 2010

14 Weeks

So I realize that I totally skipped week 13, and no it's not because I think it's unlucky or that there's bad mojo with the number 13. It's actually because I started working night shift and spent every free moment sleeping without remembering that I needed to update the blog. So, sorry about that, I promise to try to be good about the weekly updates. I want to have good pictures of everything going on this pregnancy. So, without further ado, here we are:

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 14 Weeks
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 8 pounds (yikes!)
Maternity Clothes: Yes. Jackson had the privilege of taking me shopping this week. The problem is my shirts don't fit because I've gone up several sizes on top, but I don't have the belly to fit the maternity shirts. Thankfully, I've been working a lot so my wardrobe lately has consisted mostly of hospital scrubs!
Best Moment this week: Being out of the first trimester and scheduling our 16 week 3D gender ultrasound! We also had another doctor's appointment that went well, with baby's heartbeat going strong in the 160s.
Gender: Who knows! It's too early to tell but we have a poll going on the blog, so feel free to vote!
Movement: None yet.
Food Craving: I haven't really had any specific cravings yet. Still having some aversions. Not really wanting to eat any chicken.
What I miss: Still missing my smaller chest!
Sleep: Definitely sleeping well now that I'm up at night and am exhausted. Thankfully, I havn't had any trouble adjusting to sleeping during the day.
What I am looking forward to: Watching my belly grow and going to the 3D ultrasound with our family. And going back to the gym...that's my goal for the week!
Belly Button: Definitely in
Symptoms: Feeling much better. I still had an upset stomach at the beginning of the week, but overall I feel great.

It seems like the past few weeks have flown by. I'm excited to find out whether there's a little boy or girl hiding inside there. Work has been fun, as there are several other girls that are expecting, so we all have babies on the mind and get to talk a lot. I wouldn't be surviving without my sweet husband, who has definitely been a lifesaver, doing all the grocery shopping, cooking, and straightening up. Stay tuned for week 15!

No comments:

Post a Comment