Saturday, September 11, 2010

23 Weeks



Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 23 Weeks
Size of Baby:
He is the size of a papaya. 10.5 inches and 20 ounces!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: As of my last appointment, I had gained 18 pounds (yikes!). I may have to stop putting that number on here!
Maternity Clothes: All of my clothes are now maternity.
Best Moment this week: Learning his movements and the times when he likes to be awake. Picking out the furniture for little man's nursery.
Gender: Boy!!!
Movement: Yes. He seems to be moving around a bunch in there, which is always reassuring. He's also been keeping me company at 3 am when I'm at work...hopefully not something he'll be doing once he's here. His kicks are definitely getting stronger.
Food Craving: Still no real cravings. I'm trying to avoid salty foods since I noticed I was swelling more lately.
What I miss: Sleep!
Sleep: Not a problem this past week. I've been sleeping every chance I get and have been taking lots of naps.
What I am looking forward to: Being 24 weeks and "viability" age. I can't believe I'm that far along!
Belly Button: In
Symptoms: Heart burn and reflux have been awful these past few weeks. It was making me extremely sick/nauseous but I've started taking pepcid and it's much better!

Overall, I'm really feeling well (other than the tiredness and heartburn" and I'm looking forward to all of the excitement coming up as we start getting the nursery ready and preparing for his arrival. I know January will be here before we know it, so I'm trying to just enjoy every minute of this experience.

Check back tomorrow to see what nursery furniture we've picked out for our little man!

2 comments:

  1. you look beautiful jess! Ive gained 10 lbs in these 16 weeks according to my OB office (my scale only 7;)) so dont feel bad about posting it...you are and always will be stunning no matter how big your belly gets! Wish we didnt live so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kerri! I couldn't be happier for you and Jim-you're gonna be such a great mom. You guys need to hurry up and move to Florida!

    ReplyDelete