Friday, September 3, 2010

20 Weeks!

So we are officially halfway there, and I couldn't be more excited. I love that as I am typing this my little man is bouncing around inside and playing kickball with my bladder! I just want to say thanks to everyone for all of the kind, encouraging comments I received about my last post. It meant a lot to me and served as a reminder that God indeed has a purpose for everything.
That being said, here is my 20 week update!


I cannot tell you the drama that goes on when it comes to taking these pictures. Jackson just wants to point and click real fast and I'm worried about looking too fat and what kind of angle it's at, so it leads to a lot of pictures being taken and him sighing a lot!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 20 Weeks
Total Weight Gain/Loss: As of my last appointment, I had gained 13 pounds. And I have avoided the scale since then, seeing as how I seemed to have grown significantly since then!
Maternity Clothes: All of my clothes are now maternity.
Best Moment this week: Feeling him move for the first time and finding out that he was perfectly formed and healthy at our 20 week ultrasound yesterday.
Gender: Boy!!!
Movement: A lot! I think I have a night owl on my hands, and he seems to like keeping me company at work by bouncing all around. Daddy is really praying that doesn't continue once he's born!
Food Craving: No real cravings. I mostly want something after I've read about it or seen it on TV. I finally got to have PF Changs last week (delicious!). I havn't been wanting as many sweets and I actually turned down chocolate cake yesterday!
What I miss: Nothing really at this point
Sleep: This has been a rough sleep week, not so much because I hadn't been able to, I just didn't have the time to sleep. I would work a night and then have appointments or meetings the next day where I couldn't go home and sleep, so needless to say I'm exhausted.
What I am looking forward to: Vacation! We leave tomorrow morning for Pennsylvania to visit family and I can't wait. It should be very relaxing and I have been counting down the days!
Belly Button: In
Symptoms: Some back pain and round ligament pain. I'm getting used to it so that I don't freak out every time I feel a little twinge or pang and I've been trying to make sure I rest as much as I can when I start hurting. Overall though, I'm feeling pretty great!


I'm including a few pictures of the baby from the ultrasound yesterday. He was such a wiggle worm and was definitely not wanting to stay still for all of the pictures she had to take! And just like the last one, his hands were continually by his face and mouth and moving non-stop. His papa (my dad) thinks he's gonna be a linebacker or maybe a safety....we'll see!
I'm going to try and be a good blogger and take lots of pictures next week to post. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment