Friday, January 22, 2010

The HAPPIEST Place on Earth (and the longest post ever)

Today was just as fun as I expected. Earlier this week I asked my mother-in-law Ann if she wanted to take a trip with me to Ocala to shop at Hobby Lobby. She lives about an hour and a half away and I don't get to see her nearly as much as I would like to. I enjoyed the time we spent together, listening as she told me what kind of a child my husband was and all the wonderful stories that only a mother could remember. I am so thankful we had that time together.

So I updated my facebook status this morning to state that I was headed to Hobbly Lobby and based on the number of comments made about the store, they should be sending me a check for free advertising (which,ironically, would help undo the damage that I just did to my budget while I was there)! It was by far the happiest place I've ever visited. I've been telling J (this is what I'll call him since he would like to remain anonymous, which is really amusing since anyone who is likely to read this blog knows me, and therefore knows my husband's name. I was gonna call him "Dutch" since for some reason that is what google named him when he left a comment on my first post, but I'll be nice). Have you noticed I like to ramble? Anyways, I am having a hard time coming up with words that would adequately describe this happiest of places, so here are some pictures.
All kinds of random decorative items like candlesticks, bookends, and wall art




Fabric


And isles and isles of items to make all of your crafting fantasies come true


I was there for a couple of hours. At one point, I was pretty sure I'd lost Ann, which I didn't think J would have been happy about. But eventually, we found each other and here's what she saw:

I think she was worried that I would send her son to the poorhouse and we'd end up moving in with her secondary to my newfound Hobby Lobby addiction. But no worries Ann, that's what my mom's for.

Needless to say, there was quite the back up on isle 2 at check out time. I got to talking with the check out lady telling her my story of how I drove to Ocala just to go to the store (cause let's face it, I'm sure she was just dying to hear about my life and travel, rather than, let's say, wondering how many minutes til break time and freedom from insane crafters like me) when she stated that they are building a Hobby Lobby in Tampa. I don't know who was more excited, me or the checkout lady who wouldn't have to deal with insane people driving from Tampa looking for a good deal. Anyways, here are a few things I came home with



A few of things that I got were for projects that I had seen on a DIY website and I'm excited to get started with them. I'll let you know how it goes.

Overall I got some wonderful things and am currently looking at my schedule to see how soon I can get back. Of course, my schedule isn't going to be so open since I will likely have to get a second job to continue going there. If any of you Tampa girls want to plan a trip let me know and I'll plan one. Besides, my mom will be clearing her calendar as soon as she reads this post to make plans to "visit" when her real reason will be to visit my newfound crafting holy land.

1 comment:

  1. I am so envious. Gee...let me see when I can plan a quick trip up there to visit Hobby Lobby...I mean my darling daughter! Tell J that I am so sorry that my crafting and sewing genes have finally hit my daughters! Find out when the Tampa store will open!

    ReplyDelete