Thursday, October 14, 2010

Baby Shower

So it is a few days later than I planned, but work took it's toll on me this week and I have been exhausted! Anyways, I definitely wanted to write a post about the wonderful shower that my family threw for me this weekend. I had such a great time and was so touched by all of the hard work they put into it, as well as all of the sweet friends that were able to make it.
We had the shower Sunday afternoon and feasted on a lovely spread of Cuban food and fun appetizers, including my sister's incredible fruit dip. We played a lot of fun games that Mandy organized, including guessing the items in all of the individual bags which spelled out "Baby Shower" (which also led to a bunch of great gifts for the little man!) as well as guessing what the different diapers contained (sniffing 10 different diapers that were filled with everything from cinnamon to pickles). We opened gifts and had an overall wonderful time. It was a huge blessing to get to spend the day with some of my favorite people and we are so thankful for their kind and thoughtful gifts! Here are a bunch of pictures from the shower:
The Invitation





Yes, that would be the same sister that I allowed to paint my belly. She is a hot mess, and so much fun!


My sweet grandmother "Ita" and my Aunt Ofelia

Grammy and Eileen

My cousin Stef who is such a sweet girl

My cuban family!


Opening up gifts with my sister


Peeking at the items in the gift bags-such a cute game idea!

Classic face! It was right after my sister got a deep whiff of the diaper stuffed with pickles. Ha!

Me with the hat Mandy made out of all the ribbons and bows. I don't think I'm going to take them up on the idea of wearing it while I'm in labor!

Me with the hostesses: My mom, sister and sister-in-law

I love this picture of them!

Me and my "real" mother. We always joke that Marcie is my birth mother and Jennifer (bopper) is my mother's daughter since out personalities are so alike. I'd think we were switched at birth but Jenny's 3 months older than me!

Barbara and I- another one of my "mothers". I'm so glad she was able to be in town for the shower....and hoping she'll come visit once Jackson is born!

Debi, Mandy and I

Overall I had a great time and Jackson and I are so grateful everything. We are truly blessed and I can't wait for the little guy to meet all of these amazing women who love him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment