Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Jax's First Road Trip

This past weekend we took Jax on his first road trip-to see his Miami family. We left Friday morning to head to see my folks in Homestead. You can tell he was excited:

We drove straight to my grandmother's house for "Happy Hour" on Friday night when we got into town. The person most excited to meet him...

Alex, Jax's cousin. He's been wanting to meet "baby Jax" for quite a while now, and couldn't have been happier to hold him (as evidenced by the smile on his face!). He did a great job holding him and kept telling us that "babies go caca in their pants". That seemed to be the one tidbit of information on babies that stuck with him. Ha! He also got to meet a few of his aunts, as well as his great grandmother. I'm kicking myself now, but I have no pictures of them holding him!
Saturday morning I woke up and went into the little man's room but he wasn't there. I found him a minute later lying in bed in between his Grammy and Papa. The irony in this, of course, is that my parents NEVER allowed us in their bedroom, let alone in their bed!!! And so the spoiling began. He spent Saturday morning on the playmat playing with my dad (which you won't see any pics of my dad because he doesn't want to be "googled", haha!). My father was not a fan of the classical music being played by his Baby Einstein playmat. According to him, he's going to grow up drinking tea and wearing a fedora due to all the "English music". He is hilarious.

My dad and mom watched him Saturday afternoon because Jackson and I ended up going and buying a car! We weren't planning on it, but we found something we loved that gave us a lot more room and it was a great deal! So my dad went back with us to the dealership and kept the little man entertained while we signed all the paperwork. Of course he and Jax had their eyes on a slightly different car...

After that we went to my sister's house for a wonderful dinner, where he got to meet his Uncle Eddie for the first time, and of course, visit with his cousin as well...






What a mess!
Sunday some of my family came down to meet Jax, including his Uncle Danny and Aunt Mandy, whom he got to meet for the first time.



He also got to meet his "tia" and cousin Natalie, who were so excited to get to hold him!


Of course, Aunt Debi and Uncle Eddie also got their turn...


The truth is, these pictures are a little misleading, since 99% of the time Papa would not let anyone else hold his little boy!
While that was going on, so was this insanity...


My dad took Alex on the tractor and then was trying to teach him how to lasso. It was pretty hilarious-especially when my dad began trying to lasso Alex!
Sunday night, Grammy and Papa babysat while Jackson and I went out on a date, which was wonderful (actually, I think the grandparents pretty much kicked us out so they could spoil Jax without our protesting!). We went and saw the King's Speech, our first movie in almost a year, and it was wonderful. We were so thankful to get to spend some time out on our own and allow Jax to bond with his grandparents.
Monday we packed up and went to visit my "cuban family", the Lugos. I was so glad they finally got to meet Jax. After that we went out to lunch with my parents and sister and then headed back to Tampa. All in all, we had a great weekend and I am so thankful we had the chance to do that. Jax was great and did well traveling, which we were so excited about. Hopefully, it was just the first of many successful family vacations!

No comments:

Post a Comment