Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2 weeks old

My sweet baby boy,

Today you are 2 weeks old. It's hard to believe how fast the time has gone already. I get sad thinking about how fast you're growing and that soon you won't be my little baby anymore. You've been such a great baby and we thank God every day for bringing you into our lives and our family.
You are eating 3-3 1/2 ounces every three to four hours. You've gained 1 pound and 3 ounces since birth, weighing in at a hefty 8 pounds 11 ounces at your doctor's appointment today. Daddy and I are worried you are gonna eat us out of house and home! You're a great sleeper and usually go to bed on your own after we swaddle you and put you in your crib. You sleep through a lot of noise, which makes mommy so happy! You are a very alert baby and like to look around and take it all in. You rarely cry-usually it's just when we wake you up and you're hungry. You love your pacifier. We're working on getting you on a good schedule and so far, you've been cooperating. We've had lots of visitors, including you're Gramy and Papa, Grandpa and Grandma, Aunt Debi, Aunt Terri and Uncle Dave and your cousins. Lots of mommy's friends have come to see you too! Everyone mentions how sweet and laid back you are. You like sitting in your bouncy chair and have just started spending time on your play mat. You are a strong little boy and already roll yourself onto your side which makes me so nervous!
I couldn't put into words just how much we love and adore you. You are prayed for constantly and we ask that God will grow you into a healthy little boy with a strong character and a heart for Jesus. Here are a few pictures of you from the past two weeks-it's amazing to see how big you've gotten!
(I've included a link at the bottom of this post that will take you the pictures of his birthday/first few days)
During your first photo shoot at the hospital

Getting ready to come home from the hospital

First car ride

At the pediatrician's office for your first check-up at 4 days old

Asleep in your big boy crib

6 days old

one week...

9 days old

so smart...everything is "ok"

My boy and I

2 weeks old...(look how chubby he is compared to the other pictures-I promise I am not feeding him rocket fuel!)


What I like to call "milk drunk"


Click here to see the slideshow.

No comments:

Post a Comment