Thursday, June 30, 2011

Jax's First Haircut

It was inevitable. We all knew this was bound to happen. Especially after this post. I just wasn't ready for it to happen this soon. But then, the dreaded comment. In the presence of my husband no less. "What a beautiful little girl". Ugh!!! Really? Even though he's dressed completely in blue? Well, that was all it took for my husband to turn to me as we walked away and say "that's it, he's getting a haircut!". So I called and scheduled an appointment with sweet Emily at Mystic Hair and tried not to think about the fact that I would soon be taking my baby boy for his first haircut. I did manage to take a before picture, which probably didn't help my cause since it looks like he's wearing a mop on top of his head!

And so off we went for Jax's first haircut!
A before shot from the side. I will admit, that cowlick is a force to be reckoned with!

Um, why is someone squirting me with water?

First cut

Jax spent the first few minutes playing with Sophie and was oblivious to what was going on


Finally realizing that something is going on

Liking what he sees

Staring into the mirror trying to figure things out


Um, mom, do you see what she's doing to me?

a few more cuts..

what are you doing?

Finishing up

I thought this picture was so sweet

Jax and Em

The finished product. He looks just like his daddy!

I handled things pretty well while he was getting the haircut and only got a little teary/sentimental. However, all that changed when we got out to the parking lot. That's when I got a good look at my baby, his long curly hair gone, and all of a sudden looking like a big boy. And I lost it. And cried like a baby. Not just a tear, but a good solid cry. It just caught me off guard that in the span of a few minutes my Jax went from my little baby to looking like a little boy. But I got myself together and managed to take more pictures and go to dinner with my two favorite boys. I'm glad he did so well and that I could have such a sweet friend be the one to give him his first haircut. Thanks Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment